DUBAI HEALTHCARE CITY
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) was launched in 2002 by the UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, to meet the demand for high-quality, patient-centered healthcare. Today, DHCC is home to two hospitals, over 120 outpatient medical centers and diagnostic laboratories with over 4000 licensed professionals occupying 4.1 million square feet in the heart of Dubai. DHCC combines the leading expertise of medical institutions and pre-eminent healthcare providers to deliver the A-Z of medical services.
BUSINESS IN Dubai Healthcare City
DHCC is investing heavily in its education offering with an ultimate goal to provide medical education and CPD programs across the spectrum of healthcare profession, embedded in a culture of research and inquiry. Through strategic partnerships with renowned academic institutions and medical boards, DHCC’s Education division is set to be at the forefront of improving educational opportunities that will allow health professionals in the region to gain access to high-quality programs in the fields of medicine, nursing and allied health, helping to build a sustainable healthcare workforce and specialized medical talent pool in the region.
The MBR-AMC is a dedicated academic complex that houses a number of facilities to support CPD programs and research all of which will collectively promote DHCC’s healthcare education and research mission. The facilities include:
- Al Maktoum Medical Library
- Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center
- Ahmed Seddiqi Conference Center
- Easa Saleh Al-Gurg Case Method Hall
Dubai Healthcare City company type
- Free Zone LLC: A FZ-LLC is formed as a separate legal entity, with shareholders as individuals and/or entities. Each FZ-LLC is required to have at least one director.
- Branch: A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business.
Dubai Healthcare City License type
- New Incorporation of a Dubai Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of an Existing Foreign / UAE Company
|Dubai Healthcare City|
|About the free zone||DHCC provides a wide range of services in healthcare, medical education and research, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, wellness and allied support. Situated in DHCC are two hospitals, over 120 outpatient medical centers and diagnostic laboratories with over 4,000 licensed professionals located within 4.1 million square feet in the heart of Dubai.|
|Number of companies||Over 120|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||No|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||No|
|Allowed to import and export goods||No|
|Accommodation facility||Available in near vicinity|
|Major companies example||Johnson & Johnson, Merck Serono, Sanofi Aventis, Novo Nordisk|