DUBAI INTERNET CITY
Dubai Internet City (DIC) is the Middle East and North Africa’s largest ICT hub. Since the year 2000, DIC has successfully developed a prosperous ecosystem for technology organizations and has been one of the forerunners in carrying forward Dubai’s vision of transitioning into a knowledge-based economy. DIC is home to Fortune 500 companies and multinationals, including global names such as Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as some of the region’s most dynamic and successful technology SMEs and start-ups from all elements of the ICT value chain.
DIC provides access to an extensive multi-lingual talent pool with a variety of skills and industry expertise. It provides wide ranging facilities including state-of-the-art offices, a robust IT infrastructure, 24-hour security, retail services and hotels, spread across the business park’s unique and tranquil landscape: an environment that helps ICT businesses develop, innovate and grow.
BUSINESS IN Dubai Internet City
Dubai Internet City is the Middle East and North Africa’s largest Information and Communications Technology cluster. DIC provides a comprehensive ecosystem, infrastructure, and environment for companies who wish to set up their ICT business in the UAE.
DIC offers a ‘one-stop shop’ arrangement, giving Business Partners the freedom to focus on their core operations including company incorporation, trade license and visa services.
- Swift Registration Process
- Company Incorporation
- Trade License
- Visa Services
- Telecom and Internet Services
- Data Services
- Facilities Management
- Health, Security and Safety Services
Key Benefits of Dubai Internet City
- 100 per cent exemption from personal income tax for 50 years
- 100 per cent exemption from corporate taxes for 50 years
- 100 per cent foreign ownership
- 100 per cent repatriation of profits
- Metro Ethernet environment
- Dynamic international community
- Opportunities for business interaction and networking
- Opportunities for channel and market development
- Communications infrastructure based on next-generation technologies
- Digital voice and high-speed data services offered at competitive rates
Dubai Internet City company type
- Free Zone LLC: A FZ-LLC is formed as a separate legal entity, with shareholders as individuals and/or entities. Each FZ-LLC is required to have at least one director.
- Branch: A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business. No share capital is required.
Dubai Internet City License type
- Trading License : To carry out Trading activities specified in the license
- Service License : To carry out Service activities specified in the license
- Industrial License : To carry out light manufacturing activities specified in the license
|Dubai Internet City|
|About the free zone||Dubai Internet City (DIC) provides a knowledge economy ecosystem designed to facilitate the business development of Internet and Communications Technology (ICT) companies. It is the Middle East’s biggest ICT infrastructure, built inside a free trade zone. The ICT cluster in Dubai Internet City provides most elements of the value chain for an ICT business and comprises companies from sectors like software development, business services, e-commerce, consultancy and sales and marketing.|
|Number of companies||4500|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||NO|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||No. Close proximity to Jebel Ali Free Zone and Al Maktoum International Airport|
|Allowed to import and export goods||Yes|
|Commercial offices||Available as commercial offices, food courts and retail stores.|
|Major companies example||Microsoft, Oracle, HP, Google, IBM|