DUBAI SILICON OASIS
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), a 100% government-owned free zone, was established following Law no 16 of 2005 of the Government of Dubai, with the Mission to “facilitate and promote modern technology based industries” thus supporting the region’s demand for business expansion. A full package of incentives and benefits are provided to companies operating within the free zone. Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is a technology park and provides both a living and working integrated community.
DSO’s urban master-planned community spans 7.2 million square meters and has been carefully divided into 5 main pillars based on industrial, commercial, education, living and residences, and public facilities. The technology park enjoys state-of-the-art utility infrastructure featuring advanced telecommunications, electricity, and road networks.
Dubai Silicon Oasis is designed as a hi-tech ecosystem which offers businesses a plethora of advantages including a state-of-the-art infrastructure, in-house business services and strong business support such as technology investment incentives for large enterprises, entrepreneurial support, an incubation center and venture capital funding.
BUSINESS IN Dubai Silicon Oasis
DHCC is investing heavily in its education offering with an ultimate goal to provide medical education and CPD programs across the spectrum of healthcare profession, embedded in a culture of research and inquiry. Through strategic partnerships with renowned academic institutions and medical boards, DHCC’s Education division is set to be at the forefront of improving educational opportunities that will allow health professionals in the region to gain access to high-quality programs in the fields of medicine, nursing and allied health, helping to build a sustainable healthcare workforce and specialized medical talent pool in the region.
The MBR-AMC is a dedicated academic complex that houses a number of facilities to support CPD programs and research all of which will collectively promote DHCC’s healthcare education and research mission. The facilities include :
- Al Maktoum Medical Library
- Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center
- Ahmed Seddiqi Conference Center
- Easa Saleh Al-Gurg Case Method Hall
Dubai Silicon Oasis company type
- Branch : A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) : An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
- Free Zone Company (FZCO) : An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate.
Dubai Silicon Oasis License type
- Service License : This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade License : This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the license.
- Industrial License : This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
- Special Licenses
- Business Operation Permit : This is a special permit for companies operating in the Administrative Zone of DSOA (areas owned by private developers) using a license issued by Dubai Economic Department (DED). This license is issued based on the license issued by Dubai Economic Department. No share capital is required for this type of license.
- Entrepreneurial Business License : An EBL license is designed to accelerate the successful development of young entrepreneurs and their businesses through an array of support resources and services. This license is only available for members of DSO’s incubator program and involves a low cost license in return for a small stake in the business.
|Dubai Silicon Oasis|
|About the free zone||Dubai Silicon Oasis is a technology park that focuses to facilitate and promote modern technology based industries. It provides both a living and working integrated community. Located at the Dubai Silicon Oasis is the Rochester Institute of Technology that offers technology based bachelors and masters degree programs that support business and industry needs.|
|Number of companies||Over 320|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||No|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||No|
|Allowed to import and export goods||Yes|
|Accommodation facility||Yes in close proximity|
|Major companies example||Western Digital, AMD Technologies, Philips, Schneider Electric, Porsche|