RAS AL KHAIMAH FREE ZONE
Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAK FTZ) offers a gateway to emerging markets with over 8,000 registered companies from 106 countries and 50 industry sectors. One of the fastest-growing free trade zones in the UAE, the RAK FTZ is 100% tax-free, allows 100% foreign ownership, and provides award-winning service to its clients.
The costs of living and doing business in Ras Al Khaimah are markedly lower than in other emirates, and far below those of traditional business centers such as London, New York, Hong Kong and Mumbai, allowing for a potentially greater return on investments.
Named one of the top five free zones in the Middle East, the RAK FTZ has four unique free zone parks that will suit every investor according to their specific requirements. They include a Business Park, an Industrial Park, a Technology Park and an Academy Zone.
Headquartered in Ras Al Khaimah, the RAK FTZ has business centers in Ras Al Khaimah, as well as promotion centers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The RAK FTZ is also active in three continents, with liaison offices in Turkey, India and Germany, giving it international reach and scope.
BUSINESS IN RAK FTZ
RAK Free Trade Zone is striving to provide lucrative business opportunities to world’s most dynamic companies. RAKFTZ is unique for the fact that it has three different business parks specializing in various sectors. The diversification of the Free Zone parks, both functionally and geographically, offers numerous advantages to the investors as they can choose their location based on the type of business activity. Each of the three parks, Business Park, Industrial Park and Technology Park, offers identical advantages and benefits to investors.
RAK Investment Authority
The RAK Investment Authority Free Zone is located close to the RAK Ceramics factory and is adjacent to the RAK FTZ Technology Park. Comprising an area of 2.1 million square meters, the RAK Investment Authority Free Zone offers land for investors who wish to avail themselves of Free Zone benefits and those who wish to set up Limited Liability Companies with local partners.
RAK FTZ company type
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE): An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
- Free Zone Company (FZCO): An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate.
- Branch: A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business.
RAK FTZ License type
- Industrial License : Permits import of raw material, manufacturing, processing, assembling, packaging and export of intermediate and/or finished product and such other industrial activities as are published in the Industrial License (Category List)
- Trading License OR General Trading License : Permits trading activities that include import, export, distribution, stocking, warehousing of products and items specified on the License and such other trading activities as are published in the Trading License.
- Service License : Permits service activities such as management and economic consulting services, marketing services, logistical support services such as cargo and freight forwarding, restaurants, retail food outlets, catering services, travel agencies etc. as are published in the Service License (Category List).
- Commercial License : Allows the investor to import, export, distribute, consolidate and store items specified in the license. There is a maximum limit of three similar product lines.
|Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone|
|About the free zone||The Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone positions itself to be a low cost free trade zone. The free zone comprises of a Business Park for office clients, an Industrial Park for heavy manufacturing, a Technology Park for trading and light manufacturing, and an Academic Zone for educational institutions.|
|Number of companies||Over 7,500 Companies|
|Industry focus||Suitable for all types of industries|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||No|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||No|
|Allowed to import and export goods||Yes|