Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone Authority (ADAFZ), located right next to Abu Dhabi International Airport, provides a Logistics Park, Business Centres, Business Parks, and One Stop Shop Services in its jurisdiction. ADAFZ is a patron of the Abu Dhabi 2030 Economic Vision, which aims to establish Abu Dhabi as a dynamic business center. It facilitates businesses by providing office and warehousing solutions at Abu Dhabi International Airport, AI Ain International Airport, and AI Bateen Executive Airport.
Why choose ADAFZ for your business setup
Advantages of setting up a company in ADAFZ
- 100% corporate and income tax exemptions
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Free Zone environment & services
- No customs duties on import or re-export
- Independent regulations
- 24/7 security and access to facilities
- A strategic location with proximity to Abu Dhabi International Airport, facilitating imports and exports
- Quick, simple registration and licensing within their “One-Stop-Shop”
- In-house IT and telecommunications services
- Easy access to regional markets
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone Authority
The various services provided fall into the different business sectors such as,
- Aerospace, Airlines, and Carrier Aircraft Interiors and Airport Services
- Aircraft Chartering
- Flight Support Services
- In-flight Catering
- Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing Distribution and Storage
- Cold Storage
- Marketing and Events
- Light Manufacturing
- Technology and ICT
- Service Providers
- Management Consultancy
- Luxury Goods
Taking advantage of free zone premises in Abu Dhabi International Airport, AI Ain International Airport, and AI Bateen Executive Airport, Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone helps foreign companies in growing their businesses by giving them space to base their company in one of the largest business communities in Abu Dhabi.
As a part of their product portfolio, ADAFZ provides
- Business Centres
They consist of fully-furnished offices with ICT systems and give a professional environment. For an easy and smooth business operation, these business centers offer reception, manager and executive offices, executive desks, meeting rooms with audio-visual facilities along with pantries and water closets.
- Business Park
It has multiple commercial buildings giving both local and international companies easy access to global markets. Some of the significant benefits provided are leasable areas starting from 24 square meters, executive meeting rooms, conference rooms, etc. It also offers numerous utility services like visitors parking, pantries, staff, hotels, banks, food courts, among other things.
- Logistics Park
Spreading across 500,000 square meters, The Abu Dhabi Airports Logistics Park is located adjacent to the airport’s cargo village. It is house to a plethora of activities which include warehousing, storage, assembly and distribution, light industrial activity and import, re-exports. It holds 100 Light Industrial Units, which are available for lease in multiples of 360 square meters.
- Plots of Land
Industrial plots ranging in size from 7500 square meters are available for investors to use according to their needs.
Type of business entities at ADAFZ
Type of business entities that can be registered at Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company: Corporate
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company: Natural
- Branch of a local or foreign company
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone Company Formation
Stages to start a business!
Stage one – Initial Approval
For an ADAFZ Business Setup, one needs to obtain initial approval after providing the following documents:
- Completed application form
- The Business Plan
- A copy of existing trade license or registration certificate
- Colour passport copies of the company’s shareholders and the manager for the new ADAFZ company
- Audited financial reports for 2 years of the corporate entity or certificate of reference from a personal bank of the individual shareholder
Stage two – Registration
- Payment of registration fees, together with license fees depending on whether a service, trade or manufacturing license is required
- Completed application form submission for registration
- Notarized and attested board resolution as to manager’s appointment
- Notarized and attested power of attorney given to the manager
- Notarized and attested memorandum and articles of association
- Notarized and attested specimen signature of Manager
- Manager’s passport size photograph with white background
Stage three – Licensing and Visa Process
- Lease agreement to be signed
- The license will be issued once the above formalities are completed, and the visa processing will also start
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone extends various services as a part of setting up a business with them under One Stop Shop. It has an online portal that helps you conduct your business transactions efficiently. It is an interactive portal where a company can view all information. It provides various online services which can be availed through the portal. They include viewing of company dashboard, Employment visa related requests, letter/certificate requests, employment cards, and access passes, registration services, and Licensing services.
Services offered at Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone
- REGISTRATION AND LICENSING
ADAFZ provides registration and licensing services to international and local organizations.
- VISA SERVICES
ADAFZ also provides Visa services to licensed clients to enable them to operate their business in the UAE. The number of visas a business is eligible to obtain is dependent on its office size.
Application for Visa/Entry Permit
- Submission of completed visa application
- Visa fees payment
- Submission of 1 colour passport-sized photograph and 3 passport-sized photographs with white background
- Submission of signed personnel sponsorship agreement (PSA)
Application for a residence permit (visa stamping in passport)
- One needs to travel to Abu Dhabi with the entry permit and get it stamped at immigration
- The applicant needs to complete the following upon receipt of entry permit or arrival into Abu Dhabi:
- Medical check-up at SKMC (Sheikh Khalifa Medical City)
- Obtain Emirates ID card
- Obtain suitable medical insurance
- EMPLOYEE SERVICES
ADAFZ provides various employee services needed by businesses-
- Staff Sponsorship – Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone supports the processing of visas, residence permits, medical reports, health cards, etc., for all staff.
- Family Sponsorship – It also helps owners and employees to obtain visas for their families.
Additionally, if needed, Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone issues documentation required for opening of bank accounts, vehicle registration, driving licenses, registration with Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce, registration of company name with the Department of Economic Development, etc.
- TELEPHONE AND BROADBAND SERVICES
ADAFZ aims to provide high-quality communication facilities and data support throughout. With a 24-hour emergency contact number, there is a provision of full-time, in-house IT support, telephone and wireless internet connections, high-speed data network, and IP telephony are other provisions.
- PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND LEASING
Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone offers multiple facilities with respect to property management. From plots and parcels of land for lease, ready warehouse space, offices at the airports to business centers with workstations and offices as per work requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
ADAFZ offers company registration, licensing, leasing, visa processing, and many other high-quality services to entrepreneurs who wish to setup business in Abu Dhabi Airports Free Zone.
The minimum lease term for the plots of land is 1 year, and the investors can extend it to 15, 25, 50, or more years.
On average, it takes 14 working days to register a company in ADAFZ.
Set up a business in ADAFZ