We adopt the following approach to help ensure thorough implementation-
- A joint team of different skill sets in areas of tax, IT, supply chain, project management, business processes, strategy and operations
- Mix of consultants, industry experts and tax advisors
Our dedicated team of professionals can help businesses transition to the VAT regime. The key differentiator we bring on board is our three-phased, unified-yet-modular approach (fiscal, supply chain and IT modules) which helps preserve value through a robust implementation methodology for the impacted functions, backed by efficient programme and transition management principles
We have successfully conducted impact assessment for various companies.
Customized training and creating VAT awareness
- Organizing trainings for senior management on strategic and critical areas of VAT’s impact on the company’s business model, impact on the bottom-line, and on how to reduce tax risks.
- Conducting workshops for operational staff on procedural mechanisms, documentation requirements, control checks on data/information, etc.
Training companies on the applicability of VAT, its impact on them and measures to help ensure compliance.
Assist you to device strategy on all areas of business to be well prepared for the VAT regime
- Define strategy to transpose impact on revenue channel.
- Determine pricing strategy and distribution strategy
- Define strategy to transpose impact on procurement channel.
- Determine sourcing strategy
- Analyze impact and device solution for costing, pricing and working capital
- Analyze and define strategy on intra-GCC sales
VAT impact assessment service on entire supply chain
- Assessing the potential VAT impact on different business functions and operations, to be better prepared for the transition, including quantification of impact on pricing, incentives, profitability, top-line and cash flows.
- Reviewing the impact of VAT on the current value chain elements
(e.g. procurement, manufacturing and distribution) and proposing options for the realignment of the business model
- Reviewing the existing ERP system for technical compatibility of the entire value chain, coverage of business processes, configuration of the localization settings and impact of VAT on the current business scenarios (e.g. procurement, sales and distribution).
Accounting and Reporting of VAT
- Assisting in doing VAT accounting, changes to be made to chart of accounting, cross checking the output generated by in-house team, designing reports for filing return
- Assistance in VAT reporting in UAE and GCC
- Assisting in preparing VAT manuals for easy reference.
Leveraging technology to support compliance and smooth transition to induct VAT on current systems
- To make it work as one unit by integrating supply chain, compliance requirement, the business processes and alignment of customers and vendors
- Support VAT compliance using technology enablers to assist in VAT reporting for return filing.
- Support smooth transition through re-designing ERP solutions, landscapes and configuration to cater to new VAT reporting requirements.
- Making the right decision faster by enabling technology to drive analysis and facilitate decision making in the light of VAT regime
Project management services
- Undertaking detailed planning of activities in co-ordination with various work streams.
- Tracking the progress of various work streams identifying key milestones, dependencies and helping ensure smooth execution, identifying issues during execution and suggesting mitigation plans, helping ensure effective communication/co-ordination among stakeholders
- Extending support in terms of developing training materials.
- Providing assistance to the tax team in reviewing the documents to be filed with the tax authorities such as registration applications, transition stock statements, credit transition documents, etc.
- Advising on the base upon which goods and services can be valued for payment of VAT. Reviewing sample invoices and credit/debit note formats to be maintained under the new tax regime as prepared by the company and providing comments thereon from a VAT perspective. Reviewing the records that need to be maintained by the company under the new tax regime. Reviewing VAT returns to be filed by the company.
- Assisting with VAT compliance on an ongoing basis.
Transition Management & Training
Assist you to manage change effectively so as to reduce disruption in business and losses due to non-compliance
- Assist people within the company to transition and adopt the VAT regime
- Bring awareness and agreement to all the stakeholders about the importance of VAT and the effective management of the transition process
- Be a catalyst of change that brings effective and timely transition to the VAT
- Assist external vendors on the project relating to VAT compliance matters
- Evaluate the organization structure of the finance department for effective VAT compliance
- Conduct regular training sessions and evaluations on modified systems and processes
- Continuously communicate the importance of adhering to the VAT regulations and the potential impact of non-compliance
- Identify and attract VAT experienced professionals
- Realigning the ‘target operating model’ to help ensure smooth functioning of the selected operating model option.
- Transition acceptance testing of IT systems by its users.
- Reorganizing business processes.
- Implementing the revised IT landscape by integrating testing sign off for VAT changes, executing the transaction with go-Live phase and finalizing the configuration documents of the changes undertaken.
- Helping prepare VAT instruction manuals, including providing assistance in framing systems and procedures to help ensure compliances, helping devise the approach for transition of existing contracts under the new regime and helping in identifying the requisite changes, computation of taxes and filing of returns under the VAT regime, etc.
- Assisting in the communication to be sent to key vendors/customers by the company, highlighting changes in the taxation regime and the consequent impact on transactions.
You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries