DUBAI KNOWLEDGE VILLAGE
Dubai Knowledge Village is a human resources management, professional learning and educational free trade zone campus in the city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates that provides facilities for corporate training and learning institutions to operate with 100% foreign ownership. Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV) is the world’s only Free Zone area dedicated to Human Resource Management and learning excellence. Established in 2003 as part of TECOM Investments, DKV aims to develop the region’s talent pool and establish the UAE as a knowledge-based economy.
DKV is a unique hub that offers the best selection of Human Resource Management, Consultation, Training and Personal Development programs on a picturesque 1km long campus in the heart of Dubai.
BUSINESS IN Dubai Knowledge Village
Increased focus on the criticality of the HR work in the Middle East is driving development in the HR administration providers section, with as of late reviewed organizations expressing that the main 4 difficulties confronting their organization’s execution incorporate Leadership Development and Pipeline, Creation of High Performance Culture, Talent Management and Talent Acquisition. This increased focus on HR is further exhibited by recent data indicating that all through the GCC, the most elevated pay raises in 2010 were attributed to the HR function.
Over the next ten years, this focus is expected to increase significantly as the region’s high numbers of youth enter the workforce while aggressive nationalization targets, strong GDP growth and the existing gap between academic programs and practical skill sets continue. Such trends have been identified by key international players across the HR services spectrum including recruiters, training companies, testing facilities and HR consultancies who have already established a strong presence in the region.
Dubai Knowledge Village company type
- Free Zone LLC : A FZ-LLC is formed as a separate legal entity, with shareholders as individuals and/or entities. Each FZ-LLC is required to have at least one director.
- Branch : A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business. No share capital is required.
- Freelancer : The Freelancer Permit offers the ability to operate as a freelance professional i.e., as a sole practitioner that enables the individual to conduct business in their birth name as opposed to a brand name.
Dubai Knowledge Village License type
- New Incorporation of a Dubai Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
- Branch of an Existing Foreign/UAE Company
- Freelance permit
|Dubai Knowledge Village|
|About the free zone||Dubai Knowledge Village is dedicated to Human Resource Management and learning excellence. It aims to develop the region’s talent pool and establish the UAE as a knowledge-based economy. It is a unique hub that offers the best selection of Human Resource Management, Consultation, Training and Personal Development programs.|
|Number of companies||Over 500|
|Industry focus||Human resource development and training|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||NO|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||No. Close proximity to Jebel Ali Free Zone and Al Maktoum International Airport|
|Allowed to import and export goods||Yes|
|Commercial offices||Available as commercial offices, food courts and retail stores.|
|Accommodation facility||Yes in close proximity|
|Major companies example||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Management Accountants|