SHARJAH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FREE ZONE
With the advance in communications technology and the emergence of global trade blocks, businesses today have to be highly cohesive, responsible units in order to survive. Recognizing the challenge faced by private enterprise, the SAIF-Zone was built to promote and enhance business in an atmosphere free of regulations and red tape. Perfectly positioned, accessible to both the Arabian Gulf and the Indian Ocean and the unbeatable logistical advantage of the ‘Sharjah Link’ make the SAIF-Zone the ideal business hub.
BUSINESS IN Sharjah International Airport Free Zone
Companies located in Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone Sharjah) enjoy attractive incentives as in any other Free Zones in UAE. SAIF Zone is geographically well positioned with excellent land, sea and air links to the rest of the world. The Free Zone has modern premises, equipped with the latest facilities and a secure environment that ensures maximum returns for the businesses. The major advantages offered by Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF Zone Sharjah) are the following.
- Strategic location connecting the west and east.
- Access to over 2 billion consumers in the MENA and South Asia region.
- Competitive fee structure.
- Economical lease rates for business facilities.
- Abundant and inexpensive energy.
- Competitive labor force.
- No restriction on hiring expatriate work force.
- Sponsorship & visas for all staff.
- Access to ports in the Arabian Gulf & Indian Ocean.
Sharjah International Airport Free Zone company type
- Branch : A branch of a foreign or a UAE company is not a legal entity separate from its parent but is considered a place of business that forms a legally dependent part of the parent company and conducts all or some of the operations inherent in the parent’s business.
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE ) : An FZE is a legal entity incorporated/registered by a single shareholder. The shareholder can either be an individual or a non-individual/corporate.
- Free Zone Company (FZCO ) : An FZCO is a legal entity incorporated/registered with a minimum of two shareholders. Shareholders can be either individuals or non-individual(s)/corporate.
Sharjah International Airport Free Zone License type
- Industrial License : Allows the investor to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product. (Subject to clearance from SAIF-Zone Health & Environment Dept.)
- Commercial License : Allows the investor to import, export, distribute, consolidate and store items specified in the license. There is a maximum limit of three similar product lines.
- General Trading License : As the name suggests, a large number of products fall within its ambit. This type of license can be obtained under the commercial license.
- Service License : Allows the investor to carry out only specified services. (Unless restricted by the federal or local authorities, all types of services are allowed within the SAIF-Zone).
|Sharjah International Airport Free Zone|
|About the free zone||SAIF Zone prides itself to be a business friendly free zone by providing prompt services at low costs without red tape. Located at the door step of Sharjah International Airport, the free zone provides business with superior infrastructure along and connectivity.|
|Number of companies||Over 4,100 Companies|
|Industry focus||Suitable for all types of industries|
|Limited liability companies||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders required||1|
|Minimum number of directors required||1|
|Corporate shareholders allowed||Yes|
|Corporate directors allowed||No|
|Public register of shareholders and directors||No|
|Access to UAE Double Taxation Treaties||Yes|
|Port at freezone||Sharjah International Airport|
|Allowed to import and export goods||Yes|
|Major companies example||Zenith Infotech, WS Atkins & Partners, WIPRO, Wartsila Hamworthy|