His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan al-Qasimi, Crown Prince, Deputy Governor of Sharjah and Chairman of the Executive Council of Sharjah, confirmed that the government of the UAE in general, and the government of Sharjah in particular, have taken the health and safety of citizens and residents of the utmost importance, and has taken a series of measures to this end. Precaution to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus (Covid19).
His presidency called for the meeting of the Executive Council of the mirate of Sharjah, which was held remotely in the presence of His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Salem bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Deputy Governor of Sharjah and Vice President of the Executive Council.
His Highness pointed out that the wise vision of His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, a member of the Supreme Council of the Ruler of Sharjah, in supporting the smart system and investing in modern technology, has had a great impact today under the current circumstances, which facilitated the work of institutions, departments and government agencies. And scientific in Sharjah and its employees through the activation of the system of work remotely, and study remotely.
His Highness conveyed the recommendations of His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah to provide all the service facilities to the auditors, and to use all means to accomplish their work and provide their needs without disrupting their interests, and also recommending his sons employees and taking appropriate decisions that are in their interest and maintaining Health.
His Highness the Crown Prince also thanked the Governor of Sharjah for the health, preventive and security sectors in all emirates, as well as teams and volunteers who carry out national sterilization work to reduce the spread of the epidemic.
On his behalf, and on behalf of the members of the Executive Council of the Emirate of Sharjah, His Highness the Crown Prince of Sharjah thanked His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, for his preference to establish survey centers from the vehicle to test for the coronavirus. The new one (Coved19) at the state level, and his sincere and continuous efforts to ensure all health, food, educational and security measures for all members of the community.
During the meeting, His Highness the Crown Prince of Sharjah thanked the members of the community for their effective and positive response to the national sterilization campaign, assuring them that despite these difficult circumstances that the world is going through, but we will come out of it and we are more prepared and ready at all levels, and we must commit With instructions issued by the competent authorities whose crews work day and night for the comfort of citizens and residents.
During its session, the Sharjah Executive Council announced a package of incentives for the Government of Sharjah to support government, private, business and individual entities, which stems from the Council’s keenness to promote continuity of development in various fields and mitigate the economic and social impacts of the period as follows:
1. Exemption from fees for a period of three months for economic establishments that renew their license from January 1, 31, to December 31, 2020.
2. Reducing the value of traffic violations by 50%, and eliminating traffic points committed before 31 March 2020 and for a period of 3 months from April 1, 2020.
3. Certificates issued by the Sharjah Police General Headquarters (damage or loss) for three months from April 1, 2020.
4. Tenants’ exemption for sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry buildings (Trade Building 1 and Trade 2), for a period of three months from April 1, 2020.
5. Exemption of tenants from rent in the Sharjah Expo Centre building for a period of three months from April 1, 2020.
6. Give a 30% discount to the members of the Chamber to participate in the Sharjah Expo 2020/2021.
7. Exemption of participants in the Permanent Exhibition of National Industries at the Sharjah Export Development Centre from rental fees for three months from April 1, 2020.
8. 50% discount for shops, commercial centers and central markets participating in the chamber’s 2020 marketing campaigns.
9. Exemption of participating shops from the central and eastern region (Al-Taed, Kalba, Khorfakan-Dibba) from the fees for participating in the 2020 marketing campaigns organized by the Chamber.
10. SME affiliates in TT101 are exempt from rental fees until the end of 2020.
11. 50% discount on violations of the Roads and Transport Authority committed before 31 March 2020 and for a period of three months as of April 1, 2020.
12. 25% discount on rental fees for taxi numbers for three months from April 1, 2020.
13. Exemption for taxis and the operator of the public transport network for three months from 1 April 2020 from the following:
- Fees for quality control of services for taxis and the operator of the transport network.
- Operating fees at Sharjah International Airport.
- Rental fees for the bus station for the public transport network operator and concession fees.
- The fees of trucks and trailers of carriers entering and leaving Sharjah ports and container customs are exempt from the fees of the toll-free traffic gates.
14. Cancel the municipal approval to renew the licenses of contractors and consultants whose licenses expired for three months as of April 1, 2020.
15. Postponing the renewal of the occupational health card for facilities under municipal supervision.
16. Providing free sanitation services for homes for three months from April 1, 2020.
17. Renew the contributions of customers who subscribe annually to the parking service for one month free of charge, and compensate customers who are participating annually in the parking service for three months in accordance with municipal procedures.
18. Exemption from the public’s payment of parking fees for three months from 1 April 2020.
19. The private sector is exempt from renewing their municipal permits for three months from 1 April 2020.
20. Exemption of hotel establishments from municipal fees of 5% for three months from April 1, 2020.
21. Stop the execution of each new restriction or issue executive actions of seized, bringing, lockup, reservations on bank accounts, cars, shares, real estate, and any eviction in rental cases for two months.
22. Postponing the consideration of all current and new cases before the rental committees for one month.
23. Release about 100 prisoners and those imprisoned in rental cases, giving them a three-month opportunity to pay.
24. All commercial and wooden vessels are exempt from docking and loading fees in Sharjah Creek, Khor al-Hurra and Khorfakan.
25. A 20% reduction in fees due to port operations on handling, shipping, unloading, associated fees, and maritime wages.
26. All bulk goods are exempt from storage fees for 90 days.
27. Reducing truck parking tariffs at Sharjah ports by 50% within designated areas.
28. Exempt all shipping and customs clearance companies from the bank guarantees required to operate.
29. Exempt all commercial companies from inspection fees.
30. Exempt companies operating in the free zones from fines delaying the renewal of licenses.
31. Exemption from visa fines in free zones.
32. 50% discount on corporate share transfer fees.
33. All new licenses are exempt from fees in accordance with their business activity.
34. Exemption of hotel establishments from the 5% commercial and tourism development authority fee for three months from April 1, 2020.
35. Exemption of hotel establishments from previous violations of the Authority, which resulted in the year 2019 until 31 March 2020.
36. Postponing the payment of installments for projects funded by the Sharjah Foundation for Youth Entrepreneurship Support (Raoud) for three months.
37. The possibility of postponing the installments of projects financed through banks for three months, in coordination with the banks, and according to the case of each project.
38. Exemptions from the sector of investors dealing with the Department of Planning and Space from the payment of contractual dues for a period of three months from 1/4/2020, in accordance with the following target groups:
- Investors of government land.
- Investors who are not having a business to use from residential to commercial.
- Investors of government positions.
39. Air Arabia is exempt from passenger facilities fees (AED 35) per passenger.
40. Exemption of companies from aircraft parking fees of AED 100 per day.
41. Reducing the rent for other airline offices by 50%.
42. Reducing the rental value of warehouses and maintenance sheds by 50%.
43. Initiatives for Sharjah International Airport Authority’s strategic partners for three months from April 1, 2020, which include: (Alpha Catering Services, Sharjah Aviation Services, Gamma Aviation, Dufresne Sharjah, Sasco)
- Exemption from annual fees collected and exclusive operating fees.
- Exemption of annual rentals on all facilities (warehouse offices).
44. Initiatives for the commercial activities of Sharjah International Airport for three months from April 1, 2020, which include: (restaurants, exchange shops, shops, banks, travel agencies, car rental companies, telecommunications companies, tourism promotion companies)
- 50% rent reduction
- Exemption from the fees of the vehicles of customers at the airport.
45. Air Arabia exemption from: landing fees, baggage check fees, airport campus entrance permit fees, and a full three-month renewal of a license fee for fixed passenger airlines (annual fee) for three months from April 1, 2020.
46. Sharjah Aviation Services is exempt from airport campus entrance permit fees and a three-month land handling license fee from April 1, 2020.
47. Gamma Aviation is exempt from a license renewal fee for fixed passenger airlines (an annual fee) and a license fee for ground handling activity (annual fee) for a period of three months from 1/4/2020.
The Council has directed the formation of a committee headed by Sheikh Salem bin Abdulrahman Al Qasimi, head of the Office of His Highness the Governor, membership of the Central Finance Department and the Department of Economic Development, and three members of the private sector to continue to study the economic situation during the coming period, and to make their recommendations regarding With incentives, and presented to the Council to take the necessary action on them, taking into account in these incentives the public interest of citizens and residents.
He also directed government agencies in The Emirate of Sharjah to activate and implement these incentives, each in accordance with his competence, and the mechanism they deem appropriate.
During its meeting, the Council discussed a number of government issues and issued a number of resolutions that would develop work in local institutions and departments.
The Board approved the organizational structure of the Sharjah Social Security Fund, and Dr. Tarek Sultan Bin Khadem, Chairman of the Organizational Structures Committee, reviewed the details of the organizational structure and its terms of reference for the organizational units, noting that the new organizational structure serves the fund’s vision and directions in achieving The social and economic sustainability of Sharjah’s employees and their families, and the service of future generations.
The Board was briefed on sharjah’s annual report to support entrepreneurship (Rawaar) and reviewed the support provided by the Foundation to entrepreneurs from Small and Medium Enterprises in The Emirate of Sharjah, and explained that Sharjah is an attractive environment for investment, and an incubator for many The pioneering projects under the generous sponsorship of His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed al-Qasimi, member of the Supreme Council of the Ruler of Sharjah, and follow-up from His Highness Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince, Deputy Governor of Sharjah and Chairman of the Executive Council.